Applying to the Bridge Adventure program is simple. Visit the “Apply” page and follow the link that will take you to the online application.
What does the application process look like?
- The Bridge Adventure application process is completely online. Once you reach the online application, be sure to answer each question and complete the entire application. Only complete applications will be considered during the selection process.
- The online application requires you enter in information about yourself, asks you to write a brief essay on why you want to participate in the program, and requires you to upload a PDF of your up-to-date resume.
Bridge Adventure is designed to offer participants opportunities to build community, value diversity, learn about caring for the natural environment, connect with regional partners and develop skills for their future careers.Dr. Nathan Gill, Bridge Adventure Director
Do you need to include references with your application?
- Yes. Within the application, you’ll list the names and contact information of two references. These individuals do NOT have to submit reference letters on your behalf, but the selection committee may contact these individuals during the selection process.
- Pro tip: Be sure your references are aware you have included them in your application!
- References should not include your friends or family members.
- Examples of references could be faculty members on campus, employers, or organizational club sponsors who are familiar with you and your character.
What happens after you submit your application online?
- Once you have submitted your online application, you’ll receive a confirmation email that recognizes receipt of your application.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the application was submitted online. You must click “SUBMIT” to successfully file your application.
- Applicants will be selected to participate in 20-minute interviews that will be conducted either via Zoom or in-person with the Bridge Adventure team.
- Following the interview process, the first cohort of the Bridge Adventure program will be selected! All applicants will be notified via email of their acceptance status with the program.